Article Number: 21050
Hygienic, practical, easy to use and highly ergonomic.
The Escape-Mattress® Mortipod is a new product that makes it easier to transport the deceased horizontally or over the stairs, with minimal impact on your back.
It is physically demanding work when having to carry the deceased through narrow passages and down narrow staircases. This has a major impact on the physical strain on people working in the funeral industry.
Through our experience and feedback from our customers, we have created an optimal solution. CE certified and TÜV tested and certified on 150kg pay load.
- The Escape-Mattress® Mortipod is a 3-in-1 solution. It is a towing mattress, carrying mattress and stretcher mattress as well.
- The Escape-Mattress® Mortipod helps you to meet the stringent health and safety regulations that are present in the UK when it comes to moving and handling of people, as it takes the strain away and makes lifting and moving the deceased less stressful.
- The material of the Escape-Mattress® Mortipod is very robust (towing across the ground), hygienic and easy to clean and doesn’t absorb moisture.
- The Escape-Mattress® Mortipod is narrower, allowing the Mortipod to be transferred onto a stretcher. Due to the Escape-Mattress® Mortipod being narrow, it is more agile and therefore easier to use in confined spaces.
- The Escape-Mattress® Mortipod closes using a zip and buckles. This is much more hygienic than Velcro because the buckles do not absorb moisture. Clothes no longer get damaged by the Velcro and the buckles make much less noise than using Velcro.
- There are 4 handles on each of the long sides. These handles are covered with soft plastic tubes which makes handling the Escape-Mattress® Mortipod safe and user friendly.
The Escape-Mattress® Mortipod is easy to store. Just close the body bag with the zip and buckles, clean the mattress with a disinfectant and fold away the pulling straps. Fold the Mortipod into the bag that has been supplied with the product.
The Escape-Mattress® Mortipod is mainly used by coroners and undertakers.
- Designed in cooperation with professionals in the undertaking business
- Free demonstration and expert advice in advance
- Ready for use within a few seconds
- Dimensions (length x width): ca. 180 x 47 cm
- Mattress thickness: ca. 8 cm
- Optional: storage bag, additional body-bag or additional head rest
- Maximum carrying capacity: 150 kg
- Weight: ca. 7.2 kg
- Adjustable headrest
- 2 years warranty
- 4-language manual
- Colour: dark grey
- TÜV certified
- CE certified
The Escape-Mattress® Vacuum The only 4 in 1 solution for the professional. Ergonomic, safe & cost reducing. And can be split over the whole length.
This Escape-Mattress® model is fastened to the wall. By opening the zip at the underside of the cover, the Escape-Mattress® Solo slides out and is ready for use.read more
This Escape-Mattress® model can be folded double so that makes it is easy to move and to store.read more
This Escape-Mattress® is easy to move and comes with a storage bag.read more
The Escape-Mattress® Stretcher replaces the standard mattress on an ambulance stretcher (also available in green).read more
This Escape-Mattress® model can be triple folded so that it is easy to move and store.read more